Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Okay so last week I went in for xray review and ask my surgeon about something I read on my previous xrays I read back in June. Now when he did my surgery he fused my L4-5, so I asked him about my L5-S1 and he told me it must have been just a typo...hmmm...So from asking my pain group who suggested this certain blood test, I asked him about it and he said sure we can do it.

WELL.....UPDATE.....BLOOD TEST......
TEST RESULTS..."POSTITIVE"
When I went in to my pain doctor for my injections I decided I would ask her to look in the computer on a whim...Never in my wildest dreams would I ever think the test results would come back positive...but then again after doing research and knowing what I know about the signs of the disease and doing the research of what I already have wrong with my back, I had a feeling..(you know that feeling in the pit of your stomach when something just doesnt feel right, Ya...that feeling!!!) BINGO...
So you ask positive for what?!?...Anklosing Spondylitis...Yep..its a mouthfull..For short they call it. AS... So you ask how did I know the test was going to come back positive..Well, one of the symptoms is when the spine fuses itself to the pelvis area..well...L5-S1....Saw it on the xrays for my own eyes...Surgeon varified for me and everything...Yep sure did..
So, whats the next step...Well...funny thing, with exception for what Ive read..not sure...The rheumatologist hasnt said too much except she has done xrays and now I go in for yep...another MRI...boy, I sure am getting sick of these fricken(for lack of nicer words) tests..I feel like a lab rat...but from what I understand...A bunch of different medications.
So, this is what Ive summarized throughout all of this...I havent figured out why the big guy up above keeps giving me all of these rough things to go thru but he must think Im fricken..yep for lack of nicer words...wonder woman...
I was watching a movie not too long ago..actually it was a few days before I had the blood test and it was called 50/50...It was about a guy who was having really bad back pain and he waited and waited to go for it. So finally he went in to get his back looked at and they ran tests, did xrays and then they did an mri...and wouldnt ya know it, it was a tumor...a painful tumor...Cancer they determined. He went thru chemotherapy and all that...He dealt with the emotional and physical and all that fun stuff and while I watched the movie I sat there and kept thinking...."Wow, I can totally understand what this guy is going thru...well, not the part of dying, but the pain and the emotional and physical part. I kept thinking that there is something more wrong with my back and the pain I feel isnt just from my surgery like the surgeon keeps telling me, theres something more...I shouldnt be having pain like this, this long after, I dont care what he says...and BOOM....SURE ENOUGH...I take the blood test and WHAM..something more is sure enough wrong with my back...
of course its not a tumor like the movie...but is something more than just the surgery like my surgeon keeps telling me....
So my point to this is Im going to keep pushing like I have to and keep asking people for suggestions cause If I hadnt asked anyone about this, no one would have told me about the blood test...So thank you so much
Later taterz,
Me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment